Mushroom and Black Bean Pasta Sauce
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- 4 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 c
- hot water
- sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 lb
- mushrooms, sliced (use a variety of baby bellas, shiitake, button, ect.)
- 1 can(s)
- black beans
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste (or if you like, use cayenne for some heat)
How to Make Mushroom and Black Bean Pasta Sauce
- 1Rehydrate sun-dried tomatoes in hot water. Reserve liquid, chop tomatoes and set aside.
- 2In large skillet, saute onion and garlic in olive oil until transluscent - about 5 minutes.
- 3Add mushrooms and saute about 5 minutes.
- 4Add sun-dried tomatoes, reserved liquid, black beans with liquid, salt an pepper.
- 5Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and cook until sauce starts to reduce and thicken - about 15 minutes. (If your sauce is too thin, you can thicken it with corn starch. Mix 1 T cornstarch in 1/2 cup water. While stirring your sauce, slowly pour in about half of the cornstarch and water. Stir gently while bringing the sauce up to a boil, if still not thick enough add the rest of the cornstarch.)
- 6Check the seasoning and serve either over pasta or mix together with a shape pasta such as penne or ziti.