Mrs. G's Easy Pad See Ew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 tspbaking soda
2 Tbspoyster sauce
4 tsplight soy sauce, divided into two 2 oz portions
2 tsprice vinegar, not rice wine vinegar
2garlic cloves, minced
·vegetable oil or any high smoke point oil
8 ozflat rice noodles
1 1/2 cbroccoli florets, sliced
2 Tbspkecap maniss indonesian sweet soy sauce
2 Tbspfish sauce
How to Make Mrs. G's Easy Pad See Ew
- Slice flank steak against the grain into wide strips for stir-fry.
- In a medium-sized bowl, toss the meat with 2 teaspoons of soy sauce and the baking soda. Set aside.
- In a second medium-sized bowl, whisk together the oyster sauce, 2 teaspoons soy sauce, sugar, rice vinegar, and garlic clove.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the rice noodles and cook according to the directions on the packaging. When done, remove noodles with a pair of tongs and drain in a colander. Toss with a tablespoon of oil so the noodles don't stick together.
- Pour enough oil into a large work to just coat the bottom and turn heat to high. When just starting to smoke, add the broccoli. Stir-fry until broccoli turns bright green and becomes tender. Transfer broccoli to the large bowl and set aside.
- Rinse off steak and pat dry. Set aside.
- Pour in two tablespoons of oil into a wok or cast iron skillet, and turn heat to high. When just starting to smoke, crack in the eggs. Using a wooden spoon, scramble the eggs. When set, add the noodles and a tablespoon of fish sauce. Toss well to separate the strands, and then let them cook for a minute.
- Drizzle on the sweet soy sauce, toss well, and then let cook undisturbed until the noodles start to brown, about one minute.
- Add the broccoli and steak back to the pan undisturbed until the noodles start to brown, and the steak cooks to your desired doneness. About 2 - 4 minutes. Toss well.
- When everything is warm, pour in sauce. Stir fry until everything is coated. Turn off the heat and serve immediately.