Everyone I have cooked this for really loved it.
It is an easy recipe. 6 noodles is all I need for one pan. But if you are afraid that you might over cook them or they might stick to the bottom but I've only had to use six. Or 12 if I have to do two pans. This recipe is simple to double if you need to serve a lot of people.
Heats up nicely as leftovers the next day too!
- 1 lb
- hamburger meat
- 1 can(s)
- tomato and basil spaghetti sauce
- 2 c
- mozzarella cheese, low-fat
- 1/2 to 1
- container ricotta cheese, skim milk
- 2 c
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 c
- parmesan cheese, shredded
- lasagna noodles, uncooked
How to Make Mom's Lasagna
- 1Brown hamburger meat until done. Boil lasagna noodles until al dente. Reserve about 1/8 to 1/4 cup of spaghetti sauce. Mix meat, sauce and ricotta cheese together, it will look pink.
Take a 9x13 casserole pan and spread your reserved sauce in the bottom of the pan. Carefully place three noodles over sauce side by side. Add a layer of meat/sauce/ricotta mix. Then add a layer of chedder, mozzeraella and parmesan cheeses. Add another layer of each. Starting with noodles, the sauce and finally cheeses.
- 2Once the last of the cheese is placed on top of the lasagna put in a 350 for approximately 45 minutes or until all cheese is meltes and started to brown on the sides. It can be cooked until all cheese is brown depending on your taste perference.
Let cool for about 10 to 15 minutes otherwise the cheese will run and it will be messy (but still good)