Mom's American Spaghetti
My brother Nick loved making spaghetti sandwiches out of it. With the leftovers the next day my Mom would fry it up in butter till it was crisp a little on the outside.
- 1 lb
- spaghetti or (i like to use) 1 box, 16 oz. barilla cut spaghetti
- 1 can(s)
- or bottle 32 tomato juice
- 1 lb
- ground chuck or round
- salt and pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- a smidgen of chili powder
- a tad of butter
How to Make Mom's American Spaghetti
- 1Cook the spaghetti till al dente. While the spaghetti is cooking, brown the ground beef in the tad of butter, add salt, pepper, garlic powder and the smidgen of chili powder. Drain. I don't drain the fat as I use sirloin or round steak..if I use chuck it depends on how fatty it is. A little fat helps add flavor to the Tomato juice. Add the tomato juice to the browned ground beef and heat till hot.
Once the spaghetti has reach the "al dente" drain the spaghetti and place back in pot. Add the ground beef that is in the tomato juice. Stir to distribute evenly. Serve hot with a salad..
- 2We always had Weber's bread in the house when we were kids and that's what we used to make sandwiches out of. I have made sandwiches out of heated french rolls and it's delicious. The sandwiches are really good if you make them on toasted garlic bread.