I get that same feeling now when I make if for my family. Hope you enjoy.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 lbground beef - extra lean works great
1/4 conion - diced - more if you like
1/2 tspdried crushed basil
1/8 tspgarlic powder
1/8 tspblack pepper
1 can(s)condensed beef broth (10.5 oz)
1 can(s)tomato paste (6 oz)
1 can(s)sliced mushrooms (3 oz) drained
1 csour cream
·hot buttered wide noodles
How to Make Mock Stroganoff
- Set noodles to cook while you prepare sauce. I usually prepare an entire package, but prepare what you think you will need.
- In large skillet, cook meat and onion until meat is lightly browned. Drain if needed.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, basil, garlic powder and pepper. Sprinkle over meat. Stir in broth and tomato paste. Simmer uncovered 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in mushrooms and sour cream. Heat through but do not boil.
- Serve as sauce over noodles.