★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 lbground turkey prepared with your favorite sloppy joe seasoning
3 cgrated three cheese mexican blend
1/4 cchopped fine spanish onion
2 can(s)tomato sauce, spicy
1garlic clove sliced thin
1 can(s)chopped black olives, small
How to Make Mexican Lasagna
- Put a little drizzle of oil in a medium fry pan. Lightly sautee sliced garlic.
- Add two cans of spicy tomato sauce. Heat at medium until hot, lower temp to simmer.
- In a small tortilla size fry pan add a little oil. Lightly fry tortillas one at a time, then dip in hot tomato sauce. Transfer immediately to an 8X12 baking dish. Three across overlapping and one more in the middle.
- Next layer half of ground beef on tortillas. Sprinkle half the chopped onion. Sprinkle with 3/4 C cheese.
- Repeat next layer in same order.
- Cover with last 4 tortillas. Spoon on top remaining tomato sauce, removing garlic first. Top with remainder of cheese blend. Should be covered with cheese add more if necessary. Sprinkle with chopped black olives.
- Bake, uncovered, in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Serves 4 large portions.