★★★★★ 1 vote5
- corn totillas
- 1 lb
- ground turkey prepared with your favorite sloppy joe seasoning
- 3 c
- grated three cheese mexican blend
- 1/4 c
- chopped fine spanish onion
- 2 can(s)
- tomato sauce, spicy
- garlic clove sliced thin
- canola oil
- 1 can(s)
- chopped black olives, small
How to Make Mexican Lasagna
- 1Put a little drizzle of oil in a medium fry pan. Lightly sautee sliced garlic.
- 2Add two cans of spicy tomato sauce. Heat at medium until hot, lower temp to simmer.
- 3In a small tortilla size fry pan add a little oil. Lightly fry tortillas one at a time, then dip in hot tomato sauce. Transfer immediately to an 8X12 baking dish. Three across overlapping and one more in the middle.
- 4Next layer half of ground beef on tortillas. Sprinkle half the chopped onion. Sprinkle with 3/4 C cheese.
- 5Repeat next layer in same order.
- 6Cover with last 4 tortillas. Spoon on top remaining tomato sauce, removing garlic first. Top with remainder of cheese blend. Should be covered with cheese add more if necessary. Sprinkle with chopped black olives.
- 7Bake, uncovered, in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Serves 4 large portions.