Meaty BBQ Lasagna
Here is a variation on lasagna that I adapted from a 1970's recipe.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 lb
- lean ground beef
- 1 large
- chopped bell pepper
- 1 bottle
- bbq sauce, your favorite
- 1/2 lb
- shredded mozzarella cheese (2 cups)
- 1/2 lb
- shredded cheddar or colby cheese (2 cups)
- 1 c
- ricotta cheese or cottage cheese
- lasagna noodles, cooked
How to Make Meaty BBQ Lasagna
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 by 13 inch baking pan.
In large skillet cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink. Drain and stir in green pepper. Season meat mixture with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
Stir together cheeses. Set aside.
- 2Pour 1/4 cup BBQ sauce in bottom of pan and spread evenly. Lay 3 lasagna noodles over sauce, overlapping them as necessary. Spoon 1/3 of meat mixture over noodles. Pour another 1/4 cup of BBQ sauce evenly over meat. Sprinkle with 1/3 of cheese mixture. Repeat layers until ingredients are used up. You should be ending with cheese.
- 3Bake uncovered for 50-60 minutesuntil lightly browned and well heated throughout.
Let lasagna stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Serve with garlic toast and a green salad.
Leave a Comment