★★★★★ 1 vote5
3 cegg noodles
1 cdry bread crumbs
1 lbground beef
1/2 conion, finely chopped
1/4 cgreen bell pepper, diced
1/2 tspgarlic salt
1 cswiss cheese, grated
8 oztomato sauce
4 ozmushrooms, drained
How to Make Marzetti
- In a deep, 3-quart, heat-resistant, non-metallic casserole place 5 cups water, 1 tablespoon salt and 3 cups uncooked noodles.
- Heat, covered, in microwave oven 12 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Stir occasionally.
- Drain noodles and set aside.
- In a large, heat-resistant, non-metallic mixing bowl, me1t 1/4 cup butter in microwave oven 30 seconds.
- Add bread crumbs and heat, uncovered, in microwave oven 1 1/2 minutes or until bread crumbs are golden brown.
- Add meat to bread crumb mixture and mix to combine well.
- Heat, uncovered, 5 minutes or until meat is browned, stirring occasionally so meat crumbles.
- Add onions, green pepper, garlic salt, salt and pepper.
- Blend into meat mixture thoroughly.
- Heat, uncovered, in microwave oven 2 minutes.
- In a 2-quart, heat-resistant, non-metallic casserole layer cooked noodles with meat mixture.
- Top with cheese, tomato sauce and mushrooms (in that order).
- Heat, uncovered, in microwave oven 8 minutes or until cheese melts.