Mary's Home Made Macaroni & Cheese
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 boxziti or muller's ready cut pasta, cooked aldente
1/2 pkgroughly crushed saltine crackers
1/2stick unsalted butter, melted
1 1/2 cmedium cheddar cheese, shredded
1 csharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 dash(es)garlic powder
1 dash(es)ground black pepper
How to Make Mary's Home Made Macaroni & Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. This dish does not make well in the microwave.
- Pour just enough milk to cover bottom of large casserole dish.
- Making 3 layers, alternate between cooked pasta and mixed cheese. Top layer should be cheese.
- Mix hand crushed saltines with garlic powder, black pepper and melted butter, spoon over top of casserole, covering evenly.
- Bake on middle rack in oven until cheese is melted and topping is golden brown. Check after 15 minutes and add more milk if needed to keep pasta from drying out, but not enough to make it saucey.
- Remove from oven, let sit 5 minutes, serve and enjoy!