Martini Mac and Cheese
- 1 lb. short shaped or tubular pasta, such as rotellini or orecchiette
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 4 cups low fat milk
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 1 jar cocktail onions, drained, rinsed and chopped, 3.5 oz
- 1 cup pimiento stuffed green olives, chopped
How to Make Martini Mac and Cheese
- 1Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 400. Grease a 13 x 9 inch baking dish and set aside.
- 2Bring 4 quarts water to boil in large pot. Add pasta and 1 Tbsp. salt and cook, stirring often til just shy of al dente Drain pasta and return to pot.
- 3Meanwhile, melt butter in large pan over medium heat. Add flour and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in milk, coriander, 1 tsp. salt and pepper; bring to a simmer and cook til thickened slightly, 5 to 7 minutes.
- 4Off heat, whisk in 3 1//2 cups of cheddar, 1/2 cup of Parmesan and the Gorgonzola til melted. Stir in onions and olives.
- 5Pour sauce over past and stir til evenly combined. Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish and sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheddar and 1/2 cup Parmesan over top.
- 6Put baking dish on foil lined rimmed baking sheet and bake til sauce is bubbling and cheese is golden brown, about 20 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before serving. Serves 8