Martini Mac and Cheese
·1 lb. short shaped or tubular pasta, such as rotellini or orecchiette
·3 tbsp. unsalted butter
·3 tbsp. flour
·4 cups low fat milk
·1 tsp. ground coriander
·1/4 tsp. pepper
·4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
·1/2 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
·1 jar cocktail onions, drained, rinsed and chopped, 3.5 oz
·1 cup pimiento stuffed green olives, chopped
How to Make Martini Mac and Cheese
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 400. Grease a 13 x 9 inch baking dish and set aside.
- Bring 4 quarts water to boil in large pot. Add pasta and 1 Tbsp. salt and cook, stirring often til just shy of al dente Drain pasta and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in large pan over medium heat. Add flour and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in milk, coriander, 1 tsp. salt and pepper; bring to a simmer and cook til thickened slightly, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Off heat, whisk in 3 1//2 cups of cheddar, 1/2 cup of Parmesan and the Gorgonzola til melted. Stir in onions and olives.
- Pour sauce over past and stir til evenly combined. Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish and sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheddar and 1/2 cup Parmesan over top.
- Put baking dish on foil lined rimmed baking sheet and bake til sauce is bubbling and cheese is golden brown, about 20 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before serving. Serves 8