Marinated Pasta Salad
12 ozveggie spiral pasta
12 ozmarinated artichoke hearts, do not drain!
8 ozfresh sliced mushrooms
1 Tbspolive oil
1 ccherry or grape tomatoes, halved
1/2 bunchfresh broccoli, trimmed and diced fine
4 1/2 ozsliced black olives, drained well
1 Tbspdried or fresh parsley
1/2 Tbspdried oregano
2 clovegarlic, minced
·salt & pepper, to taste
How to Make Marinated Pasta Salad
- Prepare veggie pasta per package directions, drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Saute mushrooms in olive oil until cooked through but not carmelized. When done, set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, empty contents of marinated artichokes. If necessary, cut artichoke into bite-sized pieces.
- Add to artichokes, broccoli, tomatoes, cooled mushrooms, drained black olives,parsley,oregano, garlic, and salt and pepper. Blend well.
- Toss in cooled pasta and stir until blended. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until ready to serve.
- ***I've varied this by adding cubes of cheese, shredded carrots, finely diced green pepper,red and yellow pepper, pimentos, cauliflower, diced cucumbers. I even added quartered slices of pepperoni to throw the kids off the zucchini! ;P