★★★★★ 1 vote5
12 largeshrimp, peeled and deveined
3 Tbsplemon juice
1/4 colive oil
·all purpose flour
1/2 cbutter, unsalted
4green onions, chopped
2 tspginger root, minced
2 tspgarlic clove, minced
1 tspall purpose flour
1 cwhite wine, dry
How to Make Margarita Shrimp with Fettuccine
- Mix shrimp, tequila and lemon juice in medium bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours.
- Drain shrimp.
- Whisk eggs and water in medium bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Dip shrimp into egg mixture, then into flour; shake off excess.
- Place shrimp in skillet and saute until pink and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer shrimp to plate lined with paper towels and drain.
- Discard oil.
- In same skillet, melt 1/4 cup butter over medium heat.
- Add lemon and green onions and saute 3 minutes.
- Add ginger and garlic and saute 2 minutes.
- Stir in flour.
- Gradually mix in wine; boil until reduced to glaze, about 2 minutes.
- Add remaining butter and whisk until melted.
- Discard lemon.
- Return shrimp to skillet and heat through.
- Meanwhile cook pasta in salted water. Drain.
- Divide pasta between plates.
- Top with shrimp.
- Pour sauce over.