Mamma's homemade spaghetti sauce
2 lbbulk italian sausage or wild game sauce (moose, venison)
4 can(s)14.5 ounce diced tomatoes (strained)
2 can(s)8 ounce tomato sauce
2 can(s)6 ounce tomato paste
2 Tbspbrown sugar
8 cloveminced garlic
4 tspdried basil
4 tspdried oregano
2 tspdried thyme
How to Make Mamma's homemade spaghetti sauce
- In skillet, cook Italian or wild game sausage (ground beef if you choose) and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain (unless using wild game sausage where there will not be any meaningful liquid to drain)
- Transfer to slow cooker (crockpot)
- add the remaining ingredients and stir well to mix. Cover with bay leaves on top.
- cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours. Take lid off slow cooker for the last hour to allow liquid to cook off...
- discard bay leaves and serve over spaghetti/pasta...do not rinse the pasta as you will loose the starch (rinsing of pasta is not recommended)
- We now sprinkle parm cheese on the plate before the pasta as a nice touch and to mop up any liquid separation from the sauce (although there will be none)...and of course parm cheese on top. Enjoy!