Mamma G's Orzo
The original recipe was created by my grandmother (Mamma G) but my wife and I have since updated it to our taste.
It is also very flexible - You can add pulled chicken or almost any other vegetable combination.
1 corzo pasta, uncooked
1/2 cparmesan cheese
1 can(s)chicken broth (14.5 oz)
12 ozmushrooms, fresh-baby bellas are best
1 bunchbaby spinach
1 Tbspred pepper flakes
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Mamma G's Orzo
- Melt butter in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in orzo and saute until lightly browned.
- Stir in chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until orzo is tender and liquid is absorbed - about 15 mins.
- While the orzo cooks, in a new pan saute the mushrooms in olive oil and set aside. Then do the same with the spinach.
- When the orzo is done, mix everything together in a bowl with the parmesan cheese, red pepper, salt and pepper.