Mamma G's Orzo
The original recipe was created by my grandmother (Mamma G) but my wife and I have since updated it to our taste.
It is also very flexible - You can add pulled chicken or almost any other vegetable combination.
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 c
- orzo pasta, uncooked
- 1/2 c
- parmesan cheese
- 1 can(s)
- chicken broth (14.5 oz)
- 12 oz
- mushrooms, fresh-baby bellas are best
- 1 bunch
- baby spinach
- olive oil
- 1 Tbsp
- red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Mamma G's Orzo
- 1Melt butter in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
- 2Stir in orzo and saute until lightly browned.
- 3Stir in chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat and simmer until orzo is tender and liquid is absorbed - about 15 mins.
- 5While the orzo cooks, in a new pan saute the mushrooms in olive oil and set aside. Then do the same with the spinach.
- 6When the orzo is done, mix everything together in a bowl with the parmesan cheese, red pepper, salt and pepper.