Macaroni & Cheese Family Style
The name suits the dish well for it is the easiest and best mac & cheese I have ever had. To me this is number 1 comfort food at it's best.
Enjoy and Happay Cooking
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 celbow macaroni
2 1/2 Tbspbutter, divided
1 1/2 Tbspall-purpose flour
1 1/2 c2% milk
1/4 tspblack pepper
1 1/2 cshredded low-fat cheddar cheese
1/4 cdried unflavored breadcrumbs
How to Make Macaroni & Cheese Family Style
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Melt 1 tbsp butter in a small skillet. Add bread crumbs. Cook and stir until toasted, about 3 mins. Set aside
- In medium saucepan, melt the remaining butter. Add flour. Cood over low heat, stirring constantly for 1 min. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly, until thickened. Stir in salt and pepper. Remove pan from heat. Add cheese. Stir until cheese is melted.
- Stir macaroni into cheese sauce. Spoon onto individual serving plates or into 9 X 13 pan, then sprinkle with toasted breadcrumbs and serve.
- As all the ingredients are already cooked, there is no need to bake this dish, but if you like the topping extra crunchy, then bake in a 350 oven for 10 minutes. To make a 1 dish meal, add any left over cooked meat to the dish or maybe mixed veggies drained. Remember It is ok to play with your food