Macaroni and Eggs
My family learned to love this so much, that we eat it at all times of the day, for a heavy breakfast or light dinner, even as a snack in smaller amounts! :D They aren't pretty, but they work! I don't worry about them eating too much, because of the total nutrition in it!
8 ozyour favorite frozen vegetables (ours is mixed)
1 smallyellow onions, chopped
4-8sweet peppers, chopped
1 smallgreen onion, chopped
2-3 cnoodles, uncooked (we like small shells or spaghetti)
1 Tbspvegetable oil
·salt and pepper to taste
·garlic to taste
·butter (up to half a stick)
·water for boiling
·your favorite grated cheese, for sprinkling on top
How to Make Macaroni and Eggs
- put water and oil, some salt and water in large pot, and bring to boil.
- put frozen veggies and pasta in water, stir as it cooks to tender, between 8-10 minutes. on medium usually does the trick.
- drain the pasta and veggies. start a very large skillet on the stove, and put butter in it. when melted, add onion, peppers and garlic and sweat them out.
- add the pasta and veggie mix, stir well. add eggs., stir again. cook until eggs are to your liking, (we like hard scrambles)
- plate macaroni and eggs, sprinkle with cheese.