Macaroni and Eggs
My family learned to love this so much, that we eat it at all times of the day, for a heavy breakfast or light dinner, even as a snack in smaller amounts! :D They aren't pretty, but they work! I don't worry about them eating too much, because of the total nutrition in it!
- 8 oz
- your favorite frozen vegetables (ours is mixed)
- 1 small
- yellow onions, chopped
- sweet peppers, chopped
- 1 small
- green onion, chopped
- 2-3 c
- noodles, uncooked (we like small shells or spaghetti)
- 1 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 6-9 large
- salt and pepper to taste
- garlic to taste
- butter (up to half a stick)
- water for boiling
- your favorite grated cheese, for sprinkling on top
How to Make Macaroni and Eggs
- 1put water and oil, some salt and water in large pot, and bring to boil.
- 2put frozen veggies and pasta in water, stir as it cooks to tender, between 8-10 minutes. on medium usually does the trick.
- 3drain the pasta and veggies. start a very large skillet on the stove, and put butter in it. when melted, add onion, peppers and garlic and sweat them out.
- 4add the pasta and veggie mix, stir well. add eggs., stir again. cook until eggs are to your liking, (we like hard scrambles)
- 5plate macaroni and eggs, sprinkle with cheese.