MAC, CHEESE and HAM BAKE
- 1 lb
- elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 4 Tbsp
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- 1/4 c
- 4 c
- 1/8 tsp
- cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 2 1/2 c
- shredded cheddar cheese, divided (i like medium)
- 8 oz
- diced ham (i like small pieces)
- 2 slice
- white sandwich bread
How to Make MAC, CHEESE and HAM BAKE
- 1Cook the pasta according to directions. Drain and set aside.
- 2In a large pot (6 qt.) melt butter. Add onion, cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- 3Sprinkle onion with flour, stir to coat. Slowly pour in milk, stir so there are no lumps. Cook until mixture is thick and bubbly, about 7 to 8 minutes.
- 4Season with salt, pepper and cayenne. Add only 2 cups of the cheddar cheese. Stir until cheese is nicely melted.
- 5Toss pasta with the cheese mixture, and fold in the ham.
Transfer to a 9 X 13 baking dish.
- 6In a food processor, pulse bread until large crumbs form. Toss with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese.
- 7Top pasta with your cheesy breadcrumbs . Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes, or until the top is golden.
- 8Enjoy! This is my favorite Mac and Cheese!