MAC, CHEESE and HAM BAKE
1 lbelbow macaroni, cooked and drained
1 mediumonion, chopped
1/8 tspcayenne pepper
2 1/2 cshredded cheddar cheese, divided (i like medium)
8 ozdiced ham (i like small pieces)
2 slicewhite sandwich bread
How to Make MAC, CHEESE and HAM BAKE
- Cook the pasta according to directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pot (6 qt.) melt butter. Add onion, cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle onion with flour, stir to coat. Slowly pour in milk, stir so there are no lumps. Cook until mixture is thick and bubbly, about 7 to 8 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper and cayenne. Add only 2 cups of the cheddar cheese. Stir until cheese is nicely melted.
- Toss pasta with the cheese mixture, and fold in the ham.
Transfer to a 9 X 13 baking dish.
- In a food processor, pulse bread until large crumbs form. Toss with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Top pasta with your cheesy breadcrumbs . Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes, or until the top is golden.
- Enjoy! This is my favorite Mac and Cheese!