Macaroni and Cheese w/ a kick!
Catherine Cappiello Pappas1
- 1 lb. of your favorite macaroni
- 4 oz. cheddar cheese or your favorite shredded
- ½ red onion – sliced thin
- 1 bell pepper – sliced thin
- 3 cloves garlic – chopped
- 1 small jalapeño – chopped fine (with or without seeds)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups milk
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ¼ tsp. turmeric
- ½ tsp. powdered chicken broth (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- grated romano or parmesan cheese
How to Make Macaroni and Cheese w/ a kick!
- 1Prepare macaroni as directed; drain and set aside.
Heat a large frying pan with the olive oil. Add the onion, garlic and peppers. Sauté until the onion is softened and the garlic is fragrant. Add the butter and continue to sauté on low.
Add the milk and the seasonings and simmer on low for a few minutes.
Add the drained macaroni and the shredded cheese and grated Romano or Parmesan cheese and toss.