Macaroni and Cheese Casserole1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 tspdry mustard
1/2 lbcheddar cheese, shredded
8 ozmacaroni, cooked
12 ozluncheon meat, canned and cut in 1/4
3 Tbspbutter, melted
1/2 cbread crumbs, seasoned
How to Make Macaroni and Cheese Casserole
- In a deep, 2 1/2-quart, heat-resistant, non-metallic casserole melt butter in microwave oven 30 seconds.
- Blend in flour, salt, pepper and dry mustard stirring until smooth; gradually stir in milk until smooth.
- Heat, uncovered, in microwave 10 minutes or until thickened and smooth; stir frequently during last half of cooking time.
- Add shredded cheese and stir until melted.
- Add cooked macaroni and luncheon meat; stir until well blended.
- In a small, heat-resistant, non-metallic bowl combine melted butter and bread crumbs and heat, uncovered, in microwave 3 minutes or until bread crumbs are lightly browned.
- Sprinkle bread crumb mixture over macaroni mixture; heat, uncovered, in microwave 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Variation: 2 1/2 cups of ham, turkey, other leftover meat or other luncheon meat may be substituted for the canned luncheon meat.