Macaroni and Cheese Casserole1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 3 Tbsp
- 3.5 Tbsp
- 3/4 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 2 tsp
- dry mustard
- 3 c
- 1/2 lb
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 oz
- macaroni, cooked
- 12 oz
- luncheon meat, canned and cut in 1/4
- 3 Tbsp
- butter, melted
- 1/2 c
- bread crumbs, seasoned
How to Make Macaroni and Cheese Casserole
- 1In a deep, 2 1/2-quart, heat-resistant, non-metallic casserole melt butter in microwave oven 30 seconds.
- 2Blend in flour, salt, pepper and dry mustard stirring until smooth; gradually stir in milk until smooth.
- 3Heat, uncovered, in microwave 10 minutes or until thickened and smooth; stir frequently during last half of cooking time.
- 4Add shredded cheese and stir until melted.
- 5Add cooked macaroni and luncheon meat; stir until well blended.
- 6In a small, heat-resistant, non-metallic bowl combine melted butter and bread crumbs and heat, uncovered, in microwave 3 minutes or until bread crumbs are lightly browned.
- 7Sprinkle bread crumb mixture over macaroni mixture; heat, uncovered, in microwave 5 minutes or until heated through.
- 8Variation: 2 1/2 cups of ham, turkey, other leftover meat or other luncheon meat may be substituted for the canned luncheon meat.