★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 cdry elbow macaroni (8 oz)
3 cshredded cheddar cheese (12 oz)
2large eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/2 cmilk
·a few shakes of paprika
How to Make Macaroni and Cheese
- Cook macaroni according to the package. In the meantime:
1) lightly grease a 2 qt baking dish
2) measure milk in a bowl or large measuring cup, add the eggs, salt and pepper and beat lightly
3) shred the cheese
- When macaroni is cooked, strain and put 1/3 of the macaroni in the baking dish. Sprinkle with 1 cup of the cheese. Put another 1/3 of macaroni over the cheese, and top with another cup of cheese. Put the last 1/3 of macaroni on top (no cheese this time), and pour the milk mixture over the macaroni.
- Bake covered at 350 for 45 minutes. Uncover and add last 1 cup of cheese and sprinkle with paprika. Re-cover and let sit (turn off oven if you're leaving it on the oven rack) for 10 minutes.