Mac & Cheese Mugs
Cara J Mastrangello
I tweaked this slightly, but this was too cool not to share! Pic is from the original posted recipe.
- 1/3 c
- uncooked pasta (the smaller the better)
- 1/2 c
- 1/4 c
- 1/2 to 3/4 c
- shredded cheddar (or your favorite) cheese
How to Make Mac & Cheese Mugs
- 1Measure out the pasta and water into a coffee mug (or microwave safe bowl). *Elbow macaroni or small/tiny shells work best for this as they are easier to stir and cook better this method.*
- 2Microwave on high for 2 minutes and take out and stir. Almost every time the water overflows for me, so I put my mug on a microwave-safe plate. Repeat cooking on high for 2 minutes and stirring until the pasta is cooked through, usually only takes a total of 4-6 minutes depending on the brand and microwave strength.
If the pasta is still not cooked through, add another teaspoon or two of water, stir and repeat 2 minutes heating and then stirring.
- 3When pasta is done, remove from microwave and stir in milk and shredded cheese (more or less cheese depending on your taste) and microwave one more minute to melt the cheese. Stir one more time and enjoy!