Mac & Cheese w/ French Fried Onions, Corn, & Bacon
1 16oz. pkgelbow macaroni or penne
2 can(s)cheddar cheese soup
2 ccolby jack cheese, shredded, more if you like it extra cheesy
1 csour cream
·yellow mustard to taste
·pepper, garlic powder to taste
1/2 to 1 can(s)canned corn
1/2 cpickled jalapeno, diced (optional)
1 ccheddar cheese, shredded
1 pkgfrench fried onions
1 pkgreal bacon bits
How to Make Mac & Cheese w/ French Fried Onions, Corn, & Bacon
- Cook pasta as directed on box, drain and set aside.
- In the same pot used for the pasta, mix the soup, colby jack, sour cream, mustard, pepper and garlic powder. You can heat it on medium while stirring if you want the colby jack melted, but I just mixed it enough to get the sour cream and soup totally mixed together, so there were still visible shreds of cheese.
- Add the corn and jalapenos and stir until evenly distributed.
- Take your cooked pasta and mix with cheese sauce. Pour into a 9x13 baking pan and sprinkle the cup of cheddar cheese on top.
- Place in oven at 350 and bake for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, remove and sprinkle the onions and bacon bits on top. Place back in oven for 10 minutes.