LynnieB's Mac & Cheese
Ingredients are not exact but close. Add as much as you need to make the sauce. **And I have "cheated" by using the large Family size box of Velveeta Shells and Cheese to save time**
1medium(16oz) package elbow macaroni or shell macaroni
1/4 csour cream
1/2 cricotta cheese (any style)
1small block velveeta cheese melted
2 cshredded medium sharp cheddar cheese (1 cup reserved for later)
1 cshredded colby jack cheese
1 tspblack pepper
1/2 tspgarlic powder
1egg, slightly beaten
1 1/2 cbuttery cracker crumbs (although crushed saltine crackers are fine - add a tbsp melted butter to them)
How to Make LynnieB's Mac & Cheese
- Oven temp is 350*; prepare casserole dish with cooking spray
- Prepare noodles according to package directions. Drain noodles, put in a large bowl (you will be using this bowl to mix), add butter. Set aside
- Cube velveeta, place in microwavable bowl, add a little milk; microwave for several minutes to melt. Remember to stir to aid the process.
- Add ricotta cheese, sour cream, egg, milk and seasonings to velveeta, mix thoroughly. Add to noodles.
- Add all shredded cheeses (keep reserved cup of cheese to the side)to noodles. Mix well.
- Pour into prepared casserole dish. Bake for 30 minutes
- After 30min, top casserole with reserved cheese and crushed crackers. Cook for another 15min or until cheese is melted and cracker crumbs have slightly browned.