LPC Moose (or beef) and Noodle Stew
This is not a pressure cooker like your grandma has..cooks with low pressure. Almost like a crock pot but faster. Keeps flavors together and so the need for a lot seasonings. Use about 1/2 the amount.
I really like cooking in this pot, but still experimenting.
This stew is one of my favorites
- 2 lb
- chunked moose meat or elk or beef stew meat (more or less)
- 4 or 5 slice
- 4 clove
- garlic, mashed & minced
- garlic powder, salt and pepper
- 6 c
- 1 Tbsp
- beef bouillon granuals
- celery stalk, chopped fine
- onion, chopped
- handful of small carrots, chopped
- 1/2 Bag
- wide noodles, costco style
- extra seasoning: worcestershire sauce, italian seasoning
How to Make LPC Moose (or beef) and Noodle Stew
- 1Set Low Pressure cooker on burner at med-high heat.
Chop the bacon and put in Low Pressure cooker.
Brown the bacon, till crisp. Remove bacon to a dish.
Coat meat with flour and add to bacon grease.
Season meat with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Brown the the stew meat on all sides.
Add garlic,celery, onion, carrots.
- 2Add water, enough to cover meat and vegtables and add beef bouillon and bacon. Stir.
- 3Put lid on cooker and after full steam turn down heat to simmer.
Cook 3 hours. Check liquid. May need to add a little more towards the end.
After 3 hours check the stew. Taste to see if you need any more seasoning, add noodles and more water if necessary. (These noodles take awhile to cook.) Cook for an extra 30 minutes.
- 4What no butter? Serve with sliced french bread, toasted with garlic butter.