By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 10 oz
- lasagna noodles, cooked
- 1/2 lb
- extra lean ground beef or turkey
- 8 oz
- can mushroom pieces, drained
- onion, chopped
- 30 oz
- spaghetti sauce, low-fat
- carrots, peeled and shredded
- 16 oz
- cottage cheese, fat-free
- 8 oz
- mozzarella cheese, part skim milk, shredded
How to Make Low-Fat Lasagna
- 1Cook lasagna noodles; drain and set aside.
- 2In skillet or fry pan, cook meat; drain fat and place meat in colander.
- 3Rinse with hot water.
- 4Add mushrooms and onion to cooked meat.
- 5In a 9x13x2 inch baking pan, layer one-third of cooked lasagna noodles with half the meat mixture, half cottage cheese, half carrots, half mozzarella and one third sauce.
- 6Repeat layers.
- 7Top with remaining noodles and sauce.
- 8Cook uncovered for 35 minutes at 350 degrees.
- 9Remove from oven; cover with foil.
- 10Let stand 20 minutes before serving.