By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
10 ozlasagna noodles, cooked
1/2 lbextra lean ground beef or turkey
8 ozcan mushroom pieces, drained
30 ozspaghetti sauce, low-fat
2carrots, peeled and shredded
16 ozcottage cheese, fat-free
8 ozmozzarella cheese, part skim milk, shredded
How to Make Low-Fat Lasagna
- Cook lasagna noodles; drain and set aside.
- In skillet or fry pan, cook meat; drain fat and place meat in colander.
- Rinse with hot water.
- Add mushrooms and onion to cooked meat.
- In a 9x13x2 inch baking pan, layer one-third of cooked lasagna noodles with half the meat mixture, half cottage cheese, half carrots, half mozzarella and one third sauce.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with remaining noodles and sauce.
- Cook uncovered for 35 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove from oven; cover with foil.
- Let stand 20 minutes before serving.