Linguine with White Clam Sauce
- 1 lb. linguine
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- two cans, 10 oz. each, chopped clams, drained, juice reserved
- 3/4 cup white wine
- juice of 1/2 lemon, plus lemon slices for garnish
- 2 tbs. flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- grated parmesan cheese for garnish
How to Make Linguine with White Clam Sauce
- 1Cook linguine as pkg. directs, being careful not to overcook. Pasta should have plenty of “bite” to it.
- 2In large skillet, over medium heat, add olive oil and 1 Tbsp. butter. Using both olive and butter allows you to heat the mixture at a higher heat before it starts to brown.
Add garlic and clams and stir together. Cook for 3 minutes.
- 3Pour in white wine, scraping the bottom of the pan with spoon. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes til sauce is reduced and less watery. Add in 1 more tablespoon butter and stir to melt.
Reduce heat and squeeze in lemon juice. Sprinkle in the parsley and pour in the cream. This is a very decadent dish.
- 4Add salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir well and taste for seasonings, adding a splash of clam juice if sauce needs thinning.
Cook over low heat, for 3 minutes more or til heated through. Pour pasta in heated serving bowl.
- 5Pour on sauce straight from the skillet, including all the luscious juice. toss to mix. At this point your kitchen smells like heaven.
Top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and garnish with lemon slices. Serves 6