Linguine with Creamy Mushroom Sauce
So glad I tried it! It is delicious! Garlicky, tangy and a bit of heat.
1 lblinguine pasta, or pasta of your choice
8 ozbutton mushrooms, sliced
8 ozcremini mushrooms, sliced
1-2 clovegarlic, minced
1/4 cdry white wine or vermouth
1/2 tspthyme, dried
·salt and pepper, to taste
1/2-1 csour cream
2 Tbspparsley, chopped
2 Tbspolive oil
How to Make Linguine with Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- In a large skillet, warm the oil over over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and saute for a minute.
- Add the mushrooms and saute about 5 minutes or so. Add the wine, thyme, cayenne, salt and pepper. Stir in sour cream.
- Bring almost to a boil, reduce the heat to low and keep warm while pasta cooks.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta with the sauce. Toss to mix. Garnish with parsley, if desired. Serve.