Linguine with Clam & Mushroom Sauce
1 lblinguine pasta
1 mediumonion, chopped
8 ozfresh mushrooms, sliced
4 clovegarlic, pressed or minced
1 cdry white wine, chicken broth or bottled clam juice
4 can(s)6.5 oz each, chopped clams - drained, rinsed and picked through, with juices reserved
2 Tbspsour cream
1/4 cchopped flat leaf parsley
1 bottleclam juice to be used as needed for more liquid
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Linguine with Clam & Mushroom Sauce
- Melt butter over medium high heat in a large skillet; Add onions, mushrooms, and garlic. Saute until tender.
- Pour in wine or broth. Simmer for 10 minutes, reducing heat if necessary.
- Stir in clams, reserved clam juice, sour cream, pepper, and parsley and simmer gently for another 20 minutes. If you want or need more "juice" in your sauce, add some of the bottled clam juice now.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil and cook pasta for about 8 - 10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain.
- Toss sauce with linguine and serve. Enjoy.