Lemon Muenster Cheese Alfredo Sauce
It's also basic so while substantial by itself you can make it into a fancy meal by adding additional toppings or by serving it as a side.
How to Make Lemon Muenster Cheese Alfredo Sauce
- 1Bring cream (reserve 1/4 cup of cream first and keep it cold) to a near boil, stirring constantly so it doesn’t burn. Add handful of cubed cheese whisking constantly. Keep adding cheese until cream is saturated and will no longer suspend additional melted cheese. (3/4 pound of cheese per pint of cream.)
- 3Mix cornstarch with reserved cream to make thick paste. Whisk cornstarch solution into sauce to thicken.
The thicker your cornstarch mixture, the thicker your sauce.
- 4Remove sauce from burner. Adjust to taste with additional lemon juice (I use concentrate) and white pepper.
- 5Serve over cooked pasta.
Leftover sauce will keep in the fridge or freezer - to bring it back to life, heat slowly and add some milk to thin it back out.
- 6VARIATION: For those who want a more substantial dish or to change it for leftover night - stir fry mushrooms, shrimp,or clams with fresh garlic in olive oil and serve over the pasta and sauce. This is especially tasty if you toast the fresh garlic.