- 14 oz cans sauerkraut + half of juice
- 1 Tbsp
- chopped garlic more to your liking
- 2 tsp
- 1 medium
- carrot shredded
- 1 large
- onion thinly sliced
- thick slices of bacon chopped
- 1 1/2 lb
- rigatoni cooked al dente reserve 1/4 c of the pasta water
How to Make Lazy Pierogis
- 1In a large sauté pan brown the chopped bacon. Add the onions and cook till translucent. Add the sauerkraut and garlic and cook till combined. Add the carrots and cook on low till carrots blend nicely with the kraut.
- 2Add the butter and cook till melted. Cook the pasta till al dente and drain, reserve ¼ cup of the pasta water. Add the pasta to the sauté pan and toss, if it needs some liquid add the ¼ cup pasta water.
- 3You can serve this dish with Ketchup, deli mustard, sour cream or by itself.