★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 lbitalian sausage, mild
4 cspaghetti sauce
2 cricotta cheese
2 Tbspchives, fresh/chopped
1/2 tspdried oregano
8 ozlasagna noodles
1 lbmozzarella, slices
2 Tbspparmesan cheese, grated
How to Make Lazy-Day Overnight Lasagna
- Brown sausage in large skillet; drain well.
- Add spaghetti sauce and water.
- Blend well.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- In medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, chives, oregano and egg.
- Mix well.
- In bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish or lasagna pan, spread 1-1/2 cups of meat sauce.
- Top with half of the noodles, half of the ricotta cheese mixture and half of the mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat with remaining noodles, ricotta cheese mixture and mozzarella cheese.
- Top with remaining meat sauce.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Heat oven to 350 (Uncover baking dish. Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until noodles are tender and casserole is bubbly.)
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
- NOTE: Can easily substitute ground beef for sausage AND cottage cheese for ricotta.