KT Elizabeth's Crabnificent Pasta Bake
- tb butter
- lb. crabmeat (use lump or claw--whatever is reasonably priced, but a good quality)
- 9 oz
- fettuccine pasta (if you have access to fresh, great, i use good quality refrigerated for this dish)
- half of a fresh lemon
- cup, chicken broth
- 8 oz
- or more of fresh mushrooms, sliced
- green onions (use white & green parts)
- large handful of fresh basil
- small handful of fresh italian parsley
- roasted red pepper, diced (jarred kind is fine to equal about 1/2 cup or so)
- 2 Tbsp
- butter (see my note below for substituting olive oil)
- 4 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 & 2/3 cup of chicken broth
- 2/3 c
- white wine (i used pinot grigio)
- 1 c
- shredded swiss and grueyere mix or parmesan or combo
- sprinkling of white pepper and fennel seed
- 1 tsp
- garlic salt
FOR PASTA AND COOKING WATER:
How to Make KT Elizabeth's Crabnificent Pasta Bake
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees. For the pasta water: add enough water to the chicken broth to cover the pasta. Add half of a lemon. I also added a fresh thyme sprig I had on hand. Bring to boil and add pasta. Just barely cook your pasta if it's refrigerated, and if it is dry fettucine, make sure you cook it a little less than al dente. I used refrigerated pasta and only had it in the water for about a minute and it was ready.
- 2Drain pasta and spread out in buttered baking dish. Reserve the lemon half. Meanwhile as pasta water boils...
- 4In same skillet, sautee crabmeat in butter (or again OO, if you prefer) for a few minutes. Sprinkle the lemon juice from the lemon you boiled w/ the pasta over top and lightly salt (I used smoked sea salt). You can use a little old bay, if you like in place of the smoked sea salt. Spread the crab over the veggie pasta.
- 5Now, make your sauce in the same skillet. Melt the butter (don't replace with oil), over med heat. Add flour and whisk for a few minutes. Add the chicken broth slowly and keep stirring. Let this thicken up a bit. Add the wine and stir through. Then, add your grated/shredded cheeses and heat through. Pour this over the top of the pasta bake,
- 7Sprinkle w/ fresh parm on top, and enjoy! I love this with roasted asparagus.