Karla's Shrimp Scampi
1 smallgarlic clove, minced
2 Tbspchopped parsley
1/2 largeonion, finely chopped
·splash of hot pepper sauce
1/2 ccooking oil
1/4 clemon juice
1/2 cchenin blanc, dry
12 largeshrimp, peeled with tails
How to Make Karla's Shrimp Scampi
- Combine first 7 ingredients.
- Marinate shrimp overnight in mixture.
- Remove shrimp from marinade.
- Immediately roll, undrained, in breadcrumbs.
- Place on combination broiling and serving platter.
- Dribble melted butter over shrimp.
- Add marinade to 1/8 inch in bottom of broiler pan.
- Broil slowly on low heat until done.
- Note: Use can use hot pepper sauce in place of pepper; it blends better with other ingredients.
- Use only white bread crumbs, brown crumbs or crusts will brown too fast during cooking.
- Alternative method of preparation: Saute shrimp in combination of half butter and half cooking oil.
- When done, remove from skillet.
- Reduce marinade in skillet, pour over shrimp and serve.