Karla's Shrimp Scampi
- 1 small
- garlic clove, minced
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped parsley
- 1/2 large
- onion, finely chopped
- splash of hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 c
- cooking oil
- 1/4 c
- lemon juice
- 1/2 c
- chenin blanc, dry
- 12 large
- shrimp, peeled with tails
- bread crumbs
- butter, melted
How to Make Karla's Shrimp Scampi
- 1Combine first 7 ingredients.
- 2Marinate shrimp overnight in mixture.
- 3Remove shrimp from marinade.
- 4Immediately roll, undrained, in breadcrumbs.
- 5Place on combination broiling and serving platter.
- 6Dribble melted butter over shrimp.
- 7Add marinade to 1/8 inch in bottom of broiler pan.
- 8Broil slowly on low heat until done.
- 9Note: Use can use hot pepper sauce in place of pepper; it blends better with other ingredients.
- 10Use only white bread crumbs, brown crumbs or crusts will brown too fast during cooking.
- 11Alternative method of preparation: Saute shrimp in combination of half butter and half cooking oil.
- 12When done, remove from skillet.
- 13Reduce marinade in skillet, pour over shrimp and serve.