Joshua's Stir Fried Shrimp and Asparagus
- 8 oz
- chinese egg noodles
- 3 Tbsp
- peanut oil
- scallions, sliced diagonally into short lengths
- inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and cut into short matchsticks
- 1/2 lb
- asparagus, tough ends removed
- 3/4 lb
- cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 Tbsp
- dry sherry
- 4 Tbsp
- dark soy sauce
How to Make Joshua's Stir Fried Shrimp and Asparagus
- 1**** If you do not have a wok, use a large , deep, nonstick saute pan instead and toss ingreidients with a wooden spatchula. The wok should never be more than one third full. The food should have room to touch the hot sides of the wok.
- 2***** Prepare all ingreidients and assemble them before starting to cook as everthing cooks very fast.
- 4Place the wok on high heat for 1-2 minutes until very hot. Add a drop of oil, if it sizzles, it is ready. Ad the remaining oil to the wok and swirl in pan to get all sides. Being very carefull not to spill out. It will start to smoke a little, don't worry but quickly then put the scallions and ginger into the hot oil - they will sizzle. Stir them around vigorously with the spatchula for about a minute, tossing to coat.
- 6Pour in the sherry and allow to simmer briefly, to allow the alcohol to burn off. Add the soy sauce and stir to mix with all ingedients.
- 7Add the noodles and toss to mix. Now add the shrimp. Toss a minutes more, not too long as the shrimp is cooked and just needs to get hot. Taste and add more soy sauce if needed. Serve immediately.
- 8**** I made this with the leek and potato soup. DELISH!!