Jose's Chicken Lasagna
It contains chicken sausage, bell peppers, carrots and zucchini, and rather than a tomato sauce, I made a white sauce and added Mexican 4-Cheese combo, which made me think of Jose. I love "Jose by the Sea Salt" made here on M.V. by an acquaintance.
1/2 pkglasagna noodles, cooked
1 stickor 8 tbs. butter/or margarine if preferred
8 Tbspall purpose flour
4 c32 oz. carton low fat, low salt chicken broth
PREPARE VEGETABLES, AND SLICE CHICKEN SAUSAGE
5or 6, depending on preference,peeled and sliced carrots
3 smallzucchini, sliced
3chicken sausages with bell peppers, sliced and pan-fried in canola oil
1 pkg2 cups, grated, mexican 4-cheese combo, low fat, sargento
1/2 tspoptional: seasoned salt, such as jose by the sea.
How to Make Jose's Chicken Lasagna
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Make the white sauce, peel the carrots and slice the zucchini, saute the sliced sausage.
- Spread the sauce, about one cup/one ladle-full, in a 9" X 12" baking dish sprayed with Pam.
- Lay three lasagna noodles first, then place most of the chicken sausage evenly over that. Add sauce,a ladle-full, sprinkle with carrots.
- Add a layer of noodles, spread another ladle of sauce, and spread half of the cheese (1 cup) over that.
- Add a layer of zucchini, and more sauce. Top with the last layer of noodles, and then any reserved chicken sausage,zucchini and carrots, and cover with the last of the sauce and the remainder of cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes,until brown and bubbly. Remove and let rest for a few minutes before cutting and serving.
- A salad and crusty bread would go well with this.