Jason's Spicy Creamy Southwest Tuna Casserole
1 can(s)cream of mushroom soup
1 bag(s)egg noodles
2 can(s)tuna, canned
2 cmonterey jack cheese
1 cyellow onions
1 Tbspbutter, unsalted
1 Tbspred pepper, crushed
How to Make Jason's Spicy Creamy Southwest Tuna Casserole
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Boil egg noodles in a large pot with 1 teaspoon of salt for about 10 minutes. The noodles should be slightly under-cooked or al dente. Remove from heat and drain.
- Saute diced onion in the butter. Once onions begin to caramelize, add the minced garlic. Continue to saute until the garlic turns golden, about 30-45 seconds, then remove from heat immediately to stop the garlic from cooking.
- In a large bowl, gently fold ingredients together: tuna, Rotel, Cream of Mushroom, onions and garlic, 1 cup of shredded cheese, pasta and crushed red pepper.
- Pour mixture into a 9x12 casserole dish and top with the remaining cup of cheese.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Remove from oven promptly and let cool 15 minutes. The casserole will continue to cook and set during this time.