Jackie's Cherry Chicken Poppyseed Pasta Salad
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 lbchicken breast
1 boxbow-tie pasta, cooked and drained
1 1/4 cpoppyseed dressing
1 1/4 cmayonnaise
3/4 cchopped celery
3/4 cred onion
5 ozdried cherries
1 cslivered almonds
1 1/2 tspsalt
1/4 tsppepper (or to taste)
How to Make Jackie's Cherry Chicken Poppyseed Pasta Salad
- Cut chicken into bite size chunks and cook/brown in skillet with EVOO or cooking spray. Cook pasta per package directions (don’t overcook), rinse with cold water, and drain well.
- Mix Mayo, Poppyseed dressing, salt and pepper in a bowl and set aside.
- Combine chicken, pasta, celery, onions, and cherries in a large bowl.
- Fold 1 ¾ cup mayo, poppyseed, salt and Pepper mixture into salad. Reserve the remaining ¾ cup to add just before serving.
- Cover and refrigerate salad & extra dressing for several hours or overnight.
- Just before serving add additional dressing and slivered almonds. Mix Well. Enjoy.