I've been told it's the "Best Mac & Cheese"
2 cuncooked macaroni noodles
4 Tbspbutter, unsalted
·salt and pepper to taste
1/4 lbprocessed cheese food
1/4 lbshredded cheddar cheese
1/4 lbshredded swiss cheese
How to Make I've been told it's the "Best Mac & Cheese"
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Prepare the elbow macaroni according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium high heat. Stir in the flour until a cream colored paste forms. Then pour in the milk and stir constantly until this comes to a hard boil, then stir for 1 more minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
- When the macaroni is cooked, spread 1/2 of it into the bottom of a lightly greased 9x13-inch baking dish. Then layer 1/2 of the grated onion, 1/2 of the salt and pepper and 1/2 of each of the cheeses. Repeat this one more time: macaroni, onion, salt and pepper and cheeses, and then pour the reserved white sauce over all. Top off with small pats of butter to taste.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes.