Italian Ziti Medley1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 lbitalian sausage
1 cmushrooms, sliced
1/3 conion, chopped
1 cgreen bell pepper, sliced
1/3 call purpose flour
8 ozcheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cparmesan cheese, grated
8 ozziti, uncooked
How to Make Italian Ziti Medley
- Slice sausage into coins.
- In 4-quart saucepan, brown sausage.
- Remove from pan and drain off fat.
- Melt butter and cook mushrooms, pepper and onion until tender but not brown.
- Blend flour into vegetable mixture.
- Gradually stir in milk.
- Cook, stirring constantly over medium-low heat until mixture begins to boil.
- Blend in 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese and pepper until cheeses are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Cook ziti according to package directions, and drain.
- Stir hot cooked ziti and sausage into vegetable cheese mixture.
- Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Pour into buttered 2-quart casserole.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheddar cheese.
- Bake covered at 350 for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.