2.25 lblean ground beef
1/3 cinstant minced onion
3/4 tspgarlic powder
3/8 tspred pepper, crushed
3 Tbspparsley flakes
18 oztomato paste
24 oztomato sauce
2.25 chot water
3 largeeggs, beaten
3 lbricotta cheese
1 lblasagna noodles, cooked
12 ozmozzarella cheese, shredded
3/4 cparmesan cheese
How to Make Italian Lasagna
- Line four 8x8x2-inch baking pans with heat-resistant freezer wrap.
- Allow enough extra wrap to fold over top.
- Use one pan for each six servings or one-fourth of the recipe.
- Do not line pans for food to be served without freezing.
- Crumble beef; cook until lightly browned.
- Stir in onion.
- Cook until onion is tender.
- Drain off fat.
- Stir in seasonings, tomato paste, tomato sauce and water.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In another bowl, blend eggs with ricotta cheese.
- In each pan, spread a layer of meat mixture (about 3/4 cup).
- Add a layer each of noodles (2 1/4), meat mixture (about 3/4 cup), ricotta cheese mixture (about 3/4 cup), mozzarella cheese (1/3 cup) and parmesan cheese (1 1/2 tablespoons).
- Repeat layers until all ingredients are used.
- Pack food tightly to avoid air pockets.
- TO SERVE WITHOUT FREEZING: Preheat oven to 400 F. (hot).
- Bake 30 minutes or until sauce bubbles at edges.
- TO FREEZE: Cool for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Complete wrapping by pulling paper up over top of food.
- Put edges of wrap together and fold several times so paper lies directly on top of food.
- Fold ends of freezer wrap over the top and seal with freezer tape.
- Label with name of food, date of freezing, and last date the food should be used for best eating quality (about 6 months).
- Freeze for 10-12 hours before removing packages from the pans.
- TO HEAT FROZEN LASAGNA: Preheat oven to 400.
- Remove freezer wrap.
- Place food in baking pan.
- Bake 1 1/4 hours or until sauce bubbles at edges and center is hot.