Italian Garden Lasagna1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
8 ozlasagne noodles, uncooked
30 ozspaghetti sauce, meatless
2 Tbspolive oil
1 conion, chopped
1 cred bell pepper, diced
1 ccarrots, shredded
2 cmushrooms, sliced
1 czucchini, finely chopped
1 cbroccoli flowerets, finely chopped
1 tspdried basil
1 tspdried oregano
10 ozspinach, thawed and drained
1.25 cmozzarella cheese, shredded
15 ozricotta cheese
4garlic cloves, crushed
1 Tbspparmesan cheese, grated
How to Make Italian Garden Lasagna
- Lightly oil 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, bell pepper, carrots and garlic.
- Cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes.
- Add the rest of the vegetables, except spinach.
- Sprinkle with spices.
- Cook, stirring frequently, 5 minutes more.
- Remove from heat and stir in the spinach.
- Set aside 1 cup of the vegetable mixture.
- Prepare cheese: Set aside 1/2 cup of the mozzarella.
- In medium bowl, combine rest of the mozzarella, ricotta and parmesan.
- Mix well.
- Assemble Layers: 1 cup sauce in bottom of pan, 1/3 of noodles, 1/2 cup of sauce, 1/2 of cheese mixture and 1/2 of vegetables.
- Press down into cheese - 1/2 cup of sauce, 1/3 of noodles.
- Press down firmly onto filling.
- Repeat layers - 1/2 cup of sauce, remaining cheese, remaining vegetables, 1/2 cup of sauce and remaining noodle. Press noodles down firmly.
- Spoon reserved vegetables over noodles and top with rest of sauce.
- Make sure noodles are entirely covered with sauce.
- Cover and bake 40 minutes in preheated 350 degree oven.
- Uncover and spoon sauce from sides of pan over noodles.
- Sprinkle with reserved mozzarella and bake uncovered 30 minutes more.
- Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.