Italian Chopped Salad in Shells
★★★★★ 2 votes5
- 16 ounce package jumbo pasta shells
- 1 c
- coarsely chopped cooked chicken
- 3 oz
- italian hard salami, chopped
- 4 c
- chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/2 c
- chopped fresh basil
- 1 c
- coarsely chopped tomato
- 3/4 c
- coarsely chopped cucumber
- 1/3 c
- roasted garlic vinaigrette dressing
- shaved parmesean cheese
How to Make Italian Chopped Salad in Shells
- 1Cook jumbo pasta shells as directed on the package; Drain & cool. (This step can also be done the night before, place cooked shells in air tight container in the refrigerator).
- 2Place remaining ingredients EXCEPT VINAIGRETTE & PARMESEAN in a medium bowl.
- 3Pour vinaigrette over the salad, toss to coat.
- 4Stuff the shells with the salad.
- 5Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. The vinaigrette dressing WILL soak into the shells. To serve, put stuffed shells onto serving platter & sprinkle with parmesean cheese .