3 tspbutter, cold
2 tspshallots, chopped
3/4 cguinness stout
2 cheavy cream
1/2 cswiss cheese, kerry gold, grated
1/2 ccheddar cheese, kerry gold vintage, grated
1/2 cdubliner cheese, kerry gold, grated
3 1/2 celbow pasta, cooked & cooled
3/4 cplain bread crumbs
How to Make Irish Mac & Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9x13 baking dish.
- Cook pasta according to its directions. Cool pasta and set aside for later.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tsp. butter. Add the shallots and cook until soft, but not browned, about three minutes.
- Add Guinness and cook until reduced by half, about five minutes. Then add the cream and cook until reduced by half, about five minutes more. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Seperately, melt remaining 2 tsp. of butter.
- In a bowl, combine cooked pasta, cheese and cream mixture.
- Pour into prepared pan and top with bread crumbs and spoon melted butter over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes until bread crumbs are lightly browned and sauce is bubbling.