By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 lblean beef chuck
2 cchopped onion
1minced garlic clove
1/2 tspcaraway seeds
1/4 cred wine
4 largetomatoes, peeled and diced
How to Make Hungarian Goulash
- Cut the beef into 1/2 inch cubes, discarding the bone and fat.
- In a dutch oven, melt the butter and add the meat, stiring to brown on all sides.
- Remove the meat cubes as they brown.
- Saute the onion and garlic in the drippings until they are soft.
- Stir in the paprika, salt and caraway seeds; cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the meat, cola, wine and tomatoes.
- Cover tightly and simmer for about 1-1/2 hours or until the meat is fork tender.
- In a bowl, blend the flour with a little water to make a smooth paste; stir into goulash.
- Serve with hot noodles.