Hot Sausage Pastina
★★★★★ 1 vote5
·1 louisiana hot link, diced up very small. or if you want more meat you can use two.
·1/2 cup shredded carrots
·1/2 cup chopped chives
·2 or 3 finely minced cloves garlic
·1 and 1/2 tsp italian seasoning.
·2 tsp parsley
·6 oz pastina
·1 cup shredded cheddar or jack cheese
·1 bell pepper diced small
How to Make Hot Sausage Pastina
- Saute the sausage and garlic in a little oil.
- Add the vegetables and spices.
- Stir in the Pastina and add enough water to make the total volume of liquid about twice the volume of the Pastina. Stir.
- Cover. Reduce heat and cook until the Pastina is done and has absorbed all the liquid. Keep an eye on it because the Pastina can stick a little. Just stir it once if it appears to be sticking. If the water absorbs and it doesn't appear done then add just a tiny bit more. This only takes a couple of minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Sprinkle the cheese over the top and cover. Do not stir.
- The cheese will melt quickly. Now it's ready to eat. Enjoy.