How to Make Honky Tonk
- Cook the macaroni as directed on the package. Drain, rinse, set aside.
- Slice up the onions, or use one onion if you wish, and lightly brown in about a tablespoon of oil.
- Add the hamburg to the pan with onions and break up and cook until brown.
- In a double boiler, put the cream of mshroom soup and the cheese, which has been cubed (I use velveeta sometimes).
- When the cheese is melted, add the onion and hamburg which has been drained.
- Add the macaroni and then the tomatoes (I use the ground peeled)with the liquid and mix together.
- Pour all into a greased casserole dish.
- Melt the butter and mix with the crumbs. Sprinkle all over the casserole.
- Bake until bubbly.