★★★★★ 2 votes5
- 1 lb
- medium to wide egg noodles
- 1 pkg
- all beef hot dogs
- 1 medium
- onion, prefer vadallia, chopped
- 1 can(s)
- condensed tomato soup
- 1 stick
- butter, divided
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Honest To Goodness Hot Dog Casserole
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 2Prepare egg noodles per package instructions. Drain and toss with 1 tbsp butter.
- 3Melt one tbsp of butter in lg skillet. Add onions and fry to dark brown, almost burnt.
- 4Chop hot dogs into bite size pieces.Add hot dogs to skillet and fry. (Can keep whole also)
- 5Add Tomato Soup to skillet, mix well. Add mixture to egg noodles and toss together. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Pour mixture into 13x9 pan. Dot with remaining butter and bake for 30 minutes. Enjoy with fresh salad for complete meal.