Homemade "Suddenly Salad" (Bacon Ranch)
I don't know if this is actually healthier, but at least I can pronounce all of the ingredients! ;) :D
(OLD photo by me)
New updated photo added!
- 2 c
- uncooked small shell pasta
- baby carrots (or one large peeled carrot), shredded
- 1 c
- frozen peas, thawed
- 3/4 c
- mayonnaise, *do not sub miracle whip
- 1/2 pkg
- hidden valley ranch dressing mix (only use half of the packet)
- 1/4 c
- hormel real bacon bits, *do not sub immitation
- 1/2 tsp
- onion powder
How to Make Homemade "Suddenly Salad" (Bacon Ranch)
- 1In large bowl that you're going to be serving this in, mix mayo, half of the packet of dressing mix, carrots, bacon bits and onion powder. (Don't add the peas yet.) Chill while making the rest.
- 2Cook pasta according to package direstions using the shortest time. (Or cook al dente.)
- 3Drain and cool. Fold pasta into mayo mixture well. Fold in peas last, carefully so that you don't smoosh them.
- 4Chill for several hours. Serve chilled or room temp.
Garnish top with a bit more bacon bits if you'd like.
- 5So easy, so good, enjoy!! :D