INGREDIENTS FOR THE CREPES (MANICOTTI)
3 ccold water
3 Tbspcorn oil
1/4 tspkosher salt
3 call purpose flour
*notemakes about 24 manicotti
INGREDIENTS FOR THE FILLING
3 lbricotta cheese
2 lbshredded low moisture mozzarella
1/2 cgrated cheese - can use either romano or parmesan
1/8 cfresh chopped parsley
YOU WILL ALSO NEED 6 CUPS OF YOUR FAVORITE TOMATO SAUCE
How to Make Homemade Manicotti
- TO MAKE THE CREPES...
- Whisk all the manicotti crepe ingredients together to make a smooth, but very liquidity batter. Should be the consistency of a creamy soup.
- Heat a 8" non stick skillet on med/high heat. When hot pour 1/4 cup of the crepe batter into the skillet and tilt skillet to spread batter evenly on bottom of entire skillet. See photo.
- Cook til the crepe starts to look dry and til the edges start to pull away from the skillet. this should take about 1 minute. Then with a spatula, gently flip the crepe. Cook the other side for about 20 seconds.
- Remove from skillet and repeat process til all the crepes are done. Stack them as you would pancakes. See photo.
- TO MAKE THE FILLING...
- Mix together the ricotta, grated romano or parmesan, parsley and half the mozzarella.
- Fill each crepe with 3 tablespoons full of filling, by placing the filling in the center of the crepe.
- Then fold each side of the crepe over the filling, overlapping the crepe slightly. See photo.
- Place seam side down on a large baking dish or aluminum foil tray. Placing them right next to each other.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of tomato sauce over each manicotti. Then sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes or till cheese has melted and manicotti are heat through.
- Serve warm with extra grated romano or parmesan cheese on top, if desired.