- 6 large
- 3 c
- cold water
- 3 Tbsp
- corn oil
- 1/4 tsp
- kosher salt
- 3 c
- all purpose flour
- makes about 24 manicotti
- 3 lb
- ricotta cheese
- 2 lb
- shredded low moisture mozzarella
- 1/2 c
- grated cheese - can use either romano or parmesan
- 1/8 c
- fresh chopped parsley
INGREDIENTS FOR THE CREPES (MANICOTTI)
INGREDIENTS FOR THE FILLING
YOU WILL ALSO NEED 6 CUPS OF YOUR FAVORITE TOMATO SAUCE
How to Make Homemade Manicotti
- 1TO MAKE THE CREPES...
- 2Whisk all the manicotti crepe ingredients together to make a smooth, but very liquidity batter. Should be the consistency of a creamy soup.
- 3Heat a 8" non stick skillet on med/high heat. When hot pour 1/4 cup of the crepe batter into the skillet and tilt skillet to spread batter evenly on bottom of entire skillet. See photo.
- 4Cook til the crepe starts to look dry and til the edges start to pull away from the skillet. this should take about 1 minute. Then with a spatula, gently flip the crepe. Cook the other side for about 20 seconds.
- 5Remove from skillet and repeat process til all the crepes are done. Stack them as you would pancakes. See photo.
- 6TO MAKE THE FILLING...
- 7Mix together the ricotta, grated romano or parmesan, parsley and half the mozzarella.
- 8Fill each crepe with 3 tablespoons full of filling, by placing the filling in the center of the crepe.
- 9Then fold each side of the crepe over the filling, overlapping the crepe slightly. See photo.
- 10Place seam side down on a large baking dish or aluminum foil tray. Placing them right next to each other.
- 11Pour about 1/4 cup of tomato sauce over each manicotti. Then sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
- 12Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes or till cheese has melted and manicotti are heat through.
- 13Serve warm with extra grated romano or parmesan cheese on top, if desired.